Sunday, August 17, 2008

What now?






So there are a bunch of things to tell this post. The saga just kind of stacks up on us! The best way to handle it is with pictures. Here goes. Audrie asked for a picture of Zac sans (French for without) braces. The only one I have is posted below (unless this blogger software jacks the picture position again...which it just did, placing it above!@#$%). OK, now it thinks that is a web address, good grief. There is also this picture of how I feel about the way this works.









I just want a freakin' photo to post below my type. I've tried every format option including "none".




We held a work project called the "dam cleanup project" last Saturday. At least I called it the dam cleanup. Others, I believe, spelled it slightly differently. So after slipping into the pond while extracting various branches, we three guys looked about the way Z does in the picture at the top. Here goes a video. Never a dull moment at the Texas homestead!



Thursday we (unfortunately without Nick) went to Houston to pick up Marianne and Sage, go to Blake's 5th b-day party at the swimming pool, and go to the beach in Galveston with Susan & Scott, Stacy and her kids. What a blast! Lessons learned: (some already experienced and should have been learned previously) don't travel without a dehydration plan when young children are on board; don't turn Scott loose in Costco or any store without Susan to chaperone if you are on a schedule or want to be on a schedule; apply sunscreen even when it's raining.
I'll try a couple pictures again. Good luck finding them on the page. Lights out til next post. Oh, one more thing, did you know that Scott can kneel beside his bed for at least 3 hours without getting up? Watch for it the next time you visit. If you're thinking brother of Jared, try thinking hearts or solitaire.











6 comments:

Audrie said...

Man! This really stinks, I wish I was there! Looks like you guys have been having fun :) You are so cute dad, I LOVE YOU!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You spelt it wrong. S/be damn cleanup project. Fun! I will show you how to put the pics/words in right order.

Amber Larsen said...

Looks like fun! Zac looks great sans braces and con mud. Scott is such a crack up- you never know what that guy's going to do. Yes, I hate the formatting on this thing too. I always just put my pictures on and then write- that way you can get your text where you want it. PAIN. Love you

Monson Family said...

Kel and I loved reading your blog!!!! Especially the comment about Scott kneeling by his bed!!!!! HAHAHAHA i love it! We wish we could've shared in the Houston fun... maybe another time. :)

Audrie said...

New post please...

ForteinMO said...

Now talk about good clean fun, or was it really work? Did you guys shower off, or was it just easier to head to the car wash instead? You're not bringing that mud in my house, NO WAY! Bob in the Mecca of Lohman, MO