Friday, August 8, 2008

The Friday Evening Post



This is definitely not MS Publisher. I have no idea how to manage the media, so these are just out there. Some of these are on or looking at Mt. Baldy, the highest peak on the ranch at 12,441'. We had a cool sacrament meeting up there. They should all be so close to God!






I love Aspens. We hiked through all kinds of different vegetation depending on the elevation.

Chandler and I hung out some. He is one tough kid. Everyone else is in coats/freezing. Not him, he wore the same shirt and shorts rain, shine, hail, freezing, whatever! He has man muscles on him too--he never slowed down hiking. I think it is the Young blood in him (smile).







This is my new backyard...
Humingbirds were everywhere. I got this one in mid-hover next to the sugar water decanter.





I got up at 4 AM and went for a hike. See the moon in the background sky?
This is my good friend Tiger. He has some mighty weird rain paints on, even though there is absolutely no fashion show going on up there.














So it's 5:37 PM Friday. What's a 50 year-old to do? Why post to the family blog of course...






I was sent out to look up HD air antennas to mount on our 50' tower to put some HD vibes into the new flatscreen we got for mom's 51st. Thanks to Travis, it is nicely mounted on our bedroom wall which now is a household focal and gathering point. Hmmm, probably should have mounted it in the kitchen or something.





I promised a couple of pictures from Philmont so here they are. The striking sunsets above are from my solitary reverie on the top of Dean Skyline near Elk Horn Camp. This is where I wrapped up my 1st 50 and started my second. Not too bad.
This word processor really sucks. Everything I wrote last is first. I'm not fixing it--sorry. I gotta go see what forms of filial love are being acted out inside between Z & D - hopefully no blood.








5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

That's strange the way it put first things last and last things first. Dumb computers. Philmont pics are great...wish I could have been there. Kind of.
Was that really Chandler?? Wow, he got big. Guess that happens. Can't wait to see you on Thursday!!

Audrie said...

Hey Dad! Me & Chance are sittin here missing you guys. Man, that place is beautiful! You look like a hot 50 year old too :) Have to agree on the word processing, post a pic of zac w/out his braces please! I want to see how cute he is. Love you.

Katherine Young said...

hey! you look like you had a great time on your trip. all of the pictures are so pretty. love ya!

Amber Larsen said...

That looks like a lot of fun, I'm glad you got to do that. That is neat that Chandler got to go. I'm laughing about Tiger's pants... ha ha!!

Amber Larsen said...

by the way you got some really cool shots up there (pictures)