Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's the Buzz

So we come home in the garage and Zac says, OUCH! I hate dragonflies, as he takes a swat at his attacker.

The wild pet week continues. It turns out to be a wild and crazed humingbird!

So what happens is the little guy flies into the garage, but as you can see his cranial cavity is not large enough to let him figure out how to fly OUT (even with the 8' tall doors wide open). So I go get the swimming pool net to capture him, very concerned about his health, since one false swish of the net and we have killed the dragonfly.

I was able to get him in the net, but just as I went to release him into the wild, he took off into the garage again (can you say moron?). Well, he buzzed and flew, flew and hovered until "Houston, we have a problem, we're out of gas!" He just sank down onto the bed of the big red truck like Chances flying saucer running out of batteries. I think I laughed right out loud. "Sucks for you!" I thought he was dead.

So then I went over and picked him up. No, I did not administer mouth-to-beak. I took him in and stuck that little hyperdermic into some peach juice. After a few beaks-full of that, I took him outside and AWAY he flew! I should have been a vet

We expect to see a kangaroo or an ostrich next...

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ha ha! My money's on a kangaroo.

Audrie said...

I say a liger...

Amber Larsen said...

is zac going to limp around for a week? just kidding zac... you are an animal rescuer that is for sure. We miss you out here. love you lots-